ISBN 10: 1-62521-929-6
ISBN 13: 978-1-62521-929-9
Maupin House Number: MH_F14_978-1-62521-929-9
Purchase the e-book now and save on shipping!
Go green in your classroom! This collection of playful activities will support and complement your classroom curriculum, and the games and activities can be made almost entirely from common household recyclables. Each activity includes simple instructions for creating the game or toy and a list of educational and developmental benefits. Activities are organized into five chapters based on skills being applied, and skills in number sense, objects in motion, and speaking and language are developed along the way.
- Estimating, measurement, and graphing
- Planning and development
- Putting things together
- Sequencing, making connections, and spatial relationships
- Developing a greater understanding of objects in motion
- Games and activities that complement classroom instruction and support developmental skills
- Materials lists and directions for game creation and play
- Suggestions, variations, and number of players needed
- Pre-K-6 teachers, students, and parents
- Reusing safe recyclable materials in do-it-yourself activities and games
- Encouraging positive school and family interactions
Table of Contents
Read the article, "Repurpose Those Greeting Cards!"
"The idea of playful learning removes the artificial and harmful separation between learning and play, between home and school. The values it conveys and the benefits it offers us are both finite and infinite."
—Bernard DeKoven, author of The Well-Played Game, A Playful Path, and the Deep Fun website
This product was added to our catalog on 7/14/14.