THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCT
Each set of 25 detailed prompts comes with everything you need to assign and implement a successful guided-inquiry unit for grades six through twelve that aligns with Common Core Reading, Writing, and Social Studies Standards, as well as the standards and strands of the National Council for the Social Studies.
Students learn key information literacy skills of organizing and prioritizing information, formatting, quoting sources, paraphrasing, and citing their work for a project. Technology connections show you how to transform the prompts into opportunities for multimedia projects, including class wikis, blogs, websites, social-networking sites, and student-made movies, podcasts, or PowerPoint presentations.
Finally, an extensive list of print and multimedia resources for each set of prompts gives you a handy reference to help students create original inquiry products.
Each flexible teaching unit/prompt set provides you with:
- A classroom set of 25 different, ready-to-go guided inquiry prompts on a single, engaging, standards-based topic;
- Resource lists of pertinent books, videos, and websites on the topic;
- Lesson plans for teaching key inquiry skills: organizing, prioritizing information, formatting, and citing sources;
- Reproducible student worksheets for each step of the inquiry process;
- Student samples of written products;
- Assessment rubrics for multimedia projects and written reports; and
- Technology connections for creative, multimedia final products.
Prompt topics for Grades 6 through 8 include: American Presidents, Colonial America, Famous Explorers, Famous Inventors, Major Events of the Twentieth and Twenty-first Centuries, and Scientific and Historical Mysteries.
Prompt topics for Grades 9 through 12 include: Ancient Greece, the Civil War, Medieval Europe, Revolutions and Rebellions That Changed the World, The American West, and World War II and the Holocaust.