• Log In
Become an Author
Thank you for your interest in Capstone Professional! Please follow these guidelines carefully as you craft your submission.
Before you submit your proposal, take a look at our current offerings. You might also want to take a look at our Capstone Classroom Catalog. Please call 888-262-6135 to request paper copies of catalogs.
Our focus is primarily on grades K-8 in the areas of literacy and content literacy in science and social studies. We are looking for professional development resources that provide fresh, innovative, and practical approaches for teachers that are steeped in research-based best practices. Consider how your proposal is a good “fit” for Capstone Professional. Consider how our current student books and series might be a part of the work you create as mentor texts, samples, and so on.
Your proposal should include:
Write a brief overview of yourself as an author. Share your thoughts about teaching and learning, describe your project, and tell why you believe that Capstone Professional is a good fit for your work. If you are submitting your work to multiple publishers, please let us know in your letter.
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Overview of the Book
The overview of your book should include:
- the intended audience (teachers, administrators, in-service providers, and so on along with intended grade level span)
- why this book is especially useful for this audience
- why this book is a good addition to literature already available (include information on competing titles)
- the research base behind the book
- intended length and other resources you would include besides print
- ways in which current Capstone Classroom titles may be included in your resource (if applicable)
The book should have a cohesive, strategic structure that supports the information in your overview. Include in your detailed outline:
- complete table of contents
- detailed outline (or annotated TOC)
- summary of each chapter
Select two chapters that showcase the book’s content, voice, and style. You can include a complete manuscript if you wish. Please do not send original art or photographs.
Please feel free to send questions and to submit your proposals electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also send proposals via mail. Please be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope for us to return materials:
1 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 1800
Chicago, IL 60602